From: Tom Grace <stonertom@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] binary kernel package
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:54:58
1 Hi,
2
3 > i'd like to avoid having to compile a kernel on each and every host. how
4 > do you install a prebuilt kernel onto the host, fx. after having deployed
5 > a stage4 using quickstart?
6 Just curiosity, but what is the problem with doing a kernel compile on each
7 machine?
8 I was thinking could you config/make the kernel on one machine, then
9 .tar.bz2 up the whole /usr/src/linux directory, then just do the install
10 phase on the target machine?
11
12 Just wondering if there's a simple solution to this :)
13