From: Dennis Freise <cat@××××××××××××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] controlling network traffic...
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:03:26
1 On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:41:18 +0100 (CET)
2 Nick Van Vlaenderen <nick.vanvlaenderen@×××××××.be> wrote:
3
4 > I was wondering if there is a tool to control a user's traffic usage. I
5 > have a webhosting company, and - of course - we have to set a
6 > traffic limit, but since we don't know how much every user consumes...
7
8 Since you want to do webhosting, have a look at Confixx Pro and ensim, both are
9 suites to manage web-accounts (incl. reselling) - but both are commercial
10 software. ensim is a bit overweighted for you I think, and it limits you to
11 certain other software / specific versions, which I didn't really liked. Confixx
12 is a good choice IMHO, it's userfriendly and not such a pain to install than
13 ensim...
14
15 If you like _very_ detailed statistics with a not so easy config, take a look at
16 ipac-ng (in portage) - it breaks down stats based on iptables/ipchains-rules,
17 but it is a pain to configure... :(
18
19 HTH
22 Dennis Freise <cat@××××××××××××××××××.cx>
23 GnuPG key fingerprint: 2DE8 CCEF 6E20 11D4 3B27 21EC B0BA 1749 D2C8 38ED
24 Get my public key at : http://www.final-frontier.ath.cx/gpg_public_key.txt