From: Rob Baxter <burn@××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Changing CFLAGS
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:23:04
1 That totally depends on what kind of system you have, what changes
2 you've made and what the CFLAGS were set to before. For example if it
3 was set to something like pentium3 and you have an athlon based system,
4 then you would see the best performance gain by recompiling everything.
5 Any other changes (-O3 to -O2 adding/removing -fomit-frame-pointer) do
6 not necessarily require a full recompile of the system.
7
8 Rob
9
10 Karl Zander wrote: