From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] menu items in dialog with variables
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 00:15:26
1 Wolf Giesen wrote:
2
3 > Your problem is the blanks here.
4 >
5 > So I'd simply do it like this and be done for:
6 >
7 > #!/bin/bash
8 > menu="1 first\ one 2 second\ one"
9 > echo "MENU" 20 50 16 $menu | xargs dialog --menu
10 >
11 Thank you Wolf, you have opened up a whole new world! :)
12
13 I have run into one other issue however, which I was wondering if I
14 could run past you and everyone.
15
16 The issue is that xargs with dialog does not work under a chrooted
17 environment if /proc is mounted.
18
19 If /proc is NOT mounted, it works perfectly. ie:
20 echo "1 hi 2 there" |xargs dialog --menu "menu title" 0 0 0
21
22 However if I mount proc with:
23 mount -t proc none /new/environment/proc
24 and run the same command, the menu loads but I lose my keyboard!
25
26 Any ideas!??
27
28 Cheers,