From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] MySQL Backup
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:51:41
1 We use xtrabackup from percona, with tar to generate backup of the
2 running mysql servers in a fraction of the time it would take to use
3 mysqldump. Restoration is than just a case of copy the uncompressed
4 tarball into place and starting mysql.
5
6 It's a pain when it comes to restoring individual tables, but for a
7 full system backup it's fast and easy.
8
9 RobbieAB.
10