From: Sean Wells <sean@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Webmin safe to use remotely?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 20:34:35
1 I use it remotely over the 'net often...I just make sure I used SSL and a
2 different user/password for it than for my system. You can change the port
3 or use port knocking I'm sure if you really want to be paranoid. :)
4
5 Sean Wells
6 Network Administrator
7 Data Mosaics, Inc.
8 2406 S. Dishman Mica Rd. Suite 6
9 Spokane Valley, WA 99206
10 866.904.DMSF (phone)
11 509.928.4236 (fax)
12 -----Original Message-----
13 From: Mick Reed [mailto:mickreed@×××××××××.org]
14 Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 1:19 PM
15 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
16 Subject: [gentoo-server] Webmin safe to use remotely?
17
18 Sorry to leach so many questions, thanks for being generous:
19
20 I'm considering using webmin remotely. Any caveats?
21
22 This seems to be too basic a question to simply read from the webmin
23 site!! Again thanks.
24
25 mickreed@××××××××××××.org
26 SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org