From: Wes Kurdziolek <xunil@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Portage Maintenance
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:11:10
1 I hate to ask any more of the Gentoo developers' time, but perhaps we
2 can take a page from FreeBSD: folks interested in becoming developers
3 (even just for the ports tree) have to go through a tutelage period
4 where all the changes they would like to make have to be approved and
5 committed by an experienced developer for a certain amount of time
6 before the new developer gets his or her commit bits. This could help
7 alleviate some of the stress of becoming a package maintainer (writing
8 ebuilds, etc.) w/o your work falling into the black hole that Bugzilla
9 often becomes.
10