From: Christian Bricart <christian@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] USE/FEATURES/etc. for minimal X support in apps?
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:51:51
1 Ben Munat schrieb:
2 > Christian Bricart wrote:
3 >
4 >> - the ability to use xlibs from e.g. Tomcat ("-Dheadless=true"
5 >> setting on
6 >> startup)
7 >
8 > As far as I understand, starting Tomcat with -Djava.awt.headless=true
9 > you don't need to have *any* X packages installed... as long as you're
10 > running the sun jdk. This doesn't work with Blackdown, last I checked.
11 > When I was running Blackdown, I ran the X virtual frame buffer (Xvb or
12 > Xvfb?).
13
14 IIRC, you still need to install the X11 libs for X. The Java Advanced
15 Imaging API calls the local X-server on UN*X to get font and scaling
16 data (more like a image-co-processor). If you set the JVM
17 java.awt.headless" property to true, it interacts directly with the
18 (X)libs installed rather than trying to connect to a local X-server
19 (running on :0.0 or $DISPLAY)
20
21 Christian
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list