From: Pedro Venda <pjvenda@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: Wang Penghui <wangpenghui@××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Ask for some suggestion about my new server.
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:22:27
1 On Wednesday 22 February 2006 05:12, Wang Penghui wrote:
2 > hello, list:
3 >
4 > I have a new server which i want to install gentoo on it. But i am not
5 > sure whether or not it suitable. So i want to ask for some suggestions
6 > here.
7
8 I don't see what would be the problem. Of course it helps to know in advance
9 what the scsi controller card chip, the network device chip, etc. that way
10 you can be sure to have kernel drivers for everything. apart from exotic
11 hardware bits AND possible power management issues (which shouldn't be a big
12 problem with servers), everything should run just fine. either with Gentoo or
13 with many other Linux distros.
14
15 cheers,
18 Pedro João Lopes Venda