From: Mike Turcotte <guitarfreak01@××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Which popular backup tool?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:56:37
1 Mick Reed wrote:
2
3 > What are some of the more popular backup tools? I couln't find that
4 > post I remembered from forums.gentoo.org. Anyone? Thanks, folks.
5 >
7 > Linux turned me into a number: 384747
8
9 Try emerging dar. I use that to create DVD based backups. It is easy to
10 use and allows you to break your backup into files of certain sizes for
11 easy writing to different media. The app also supports using different
12 compression methods while archiving to minimize disk space.
13 --
14 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list