From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] It's amazing what switching the IO scheduler can do.
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:35:52
1 Hi, is there any guide as to what scheduler is best for what purposes?
2 I have used CFQ since the early days as I was rather unhappy with the
3 performance of 2.6 as against 2.4, but I am finding the latest 2.6
4 kernels do not seem to be running as well as the earlier ones with this
5 scheduler - so I presume there have have been changes/improvements etc
6 that may mean I need to reassess what I am using.
7
8 BillK