From: Chris <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] requirements for a more stable portage tree
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:49:32
1 If you want to be able to build and maintain a server for a year or two,
2 then shouldn't you perhaps built an internal rsync server that doesn't
3 update? then you can rebuild whenever you like and it's under your
4 control.
5
6 I think 2 years is excessive, but I definately think the idea of a
7 frozen tree is imperative for a gentoo server.
8
9 Chris
10