From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: Christian Affolter <c.affolter@××××××××××××××.ch>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Server lockups (still ping) (OT because not Gentoo-specific?)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:57:49
1 I have no idea if this'll help at all... but i've been following this
2 thread, I had an issue where Metalog would die, causing the box to fall
3 over. Turned out the CPU fan wasn't working properly, not stopped enough
4 to cause warnings but enough that heat wasn't being dispelled properly.
5 Only properly noticed in Summer - the server room wasn't air conditioned.
6
7 Could it be that the boxes are in a room thats getting warm / certain
8 components are getting warm - e.g. cpu / ram.
9
10 Tim
11 tim@×××××××.uk
12 http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
13 http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
14
15 "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"