From: Philip Leonard <leolists@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Server lockups (still ping) (OT because not Gentoo-specific?)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:04:13
1 > We're seeing occasional issues with a bunch of machines we have in a
2 > datacenter, most of which are currently running Gentoo. The machines will
3 > run solid and fine for days, weeks, even months, and then just lock up solid
4 > - the box still pings and an nmap scan shows all the normal ports open, but
5 > nothing responds on any port, nothing shows up in system logs, and the times
6 > we've had console access to a machine at the time, a login prompt would show
7 > up, but it would just hang if you tried to log in.
8
9 I've been having this same problem on a Sun E4500 (8 processor) for
10 about 9 months now. Running 2.4.29 kernel currently. The uniprocessor
11 Sun boxes I have don't seem to have the problem.
12
13 Philip
14 --
15 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list