From: Luciano Tolomei <tolomei@××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] stage 1 install
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:21:28
1 it' my first time in gentoo, and during august i wonna make some try to
2 figure out how i will install ours new servers.
3
4 i have this servers:
5 2 xeon 2.4 Gz 1GBRam 2 scsi hd
6 1 nas
7
8 i want to install apache2 php5 mysql postgresql qmail qmmailscanner
9 spamassassin clamantivirus wsftp .
10 plus i have to install ghostscript to convert some eps document to png with php.
11 then install lha with heartbit... to loadbalance the 2 servers and use the nas to store www/ftp/mail... and all data that had to be in common.
12
13 i know how to do it in debian, but i wonna try to make some test in gentoo.
14
15 i need to understand well what i have to do with the use flag.
16 what is the best configuration for my needs ?
17 i have found the suggested configuration for gentoo infracstructure severs
18 -* hardened pie pic ncurses ssl crypt berkdb tcpd pam xml perl python snmp mmx readline
19
20 i think i should add apache2 and put hardenedphp instead of hardened.
21
22 what else ?
23 i haveto put all here like mysql... or is better to conf it a little less ?
24
25 ----
26 for the cflag i thinik i can use:
27 CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe"