From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] --update use flags?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:07:53
1 On 04/15/05 Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
2
3 > I am bit unsure about what happens with the USE flags when we run
4 > emerge --udpate package. I am quite sure that the answer is "yes" but
5 > I wanted to run it past someone before I update PHP on a live server I
6 > manage.
7 >
8 > Does emerge --update package, use the same USE flags as when I would
9 > have initially run USE="something or other" and then "emerge package"?
10
11 Yes and no. It will use the same USE flags, however your example doesn't
12 work in the first place:
13 `USE=foo emerge bar` - bar is installed with USE=foo
14 `USE=foo; emerge bar` - bar is installed without USE=foo
15
16 Marius
17 --
18 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list