From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] menu items in dialog with variables
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:58:45
1 Greetings,
2
3 I'm trying to write a dialog based script for my server and am having an
4 issue with the menu item.
5
6 I would like to have the menu item show as TWO words. Does anyone know
7 if this is possible?
8
9 I can get it to display just fine if item is only one word, ie
10
11 #!/bin/bash
12 menu="1 first-one 2 second-one"
13 dialog --menu "MENU" 20 50 16 $menu
14
15 But I want to be able to display it as:
16
17 #!/bin/bash
18 menu="1 first one 2 second one"
19 dialog --menu "MENU" 20 50 16 $menu
20
21 Unfortunately this processes the second word in the item as the next tag.
22 I've tried just about every escape character I can think of to group the
23 two words as one, but to no avail.
24
25 Works just fine if I hardcode it with the following:
26
27 #!/bin/bash
28 dialog --menu "MENU" 20 50 16 1 "first one" 2 "second one"
29
30 ..but I need to generate the menu list elsewhere in the script ;)
31
32 Any ideas?
33
34 Cheers!