From: RijilV <rijilv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] How to manage bandwidth for outgoing mails
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:00:20
1 That's great folks, I'm really glad that you all prefer *BSD for advanced
2 filtering and traffic management. Some people like Cisco gear for that. I
3 even hear there are some really swell things you can do under windows.
4 Maybe someone could post to the list about how you can do it under Syllable
5 or QNX.
6
7 But none of those things have anything to do with running Gentoo as a
8 server. That's what this list is about, hence 'gentoo-server'.
9 Suggesting/implying to someone that they replace their Gentoo system with
10 anything else isn't useful, and many people can't simply add another
11 machine.
12
13 As for how the question, as an early poster said, LARTC is probably a good
14 place to go. You may also find the following resource useful:
15
16 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Packet_Shaping
19 .r'
20