To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Toughts on Virtualization
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 00:14:09
1 On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 19:32 +0300, Konstantin wrote:
2 >
3 > What kernel versions are you using for Dom0? Today I've tried to use
4 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.2.12 and couldn't find any backend driver
5 > support. Am I missed something? ;)
8 Hi Konstantin,
9
10 I use Xen with Gentoo for both Dom0 and DomU.
11
12 The back-end driver support is well hidden in the menus,
13
14 Device Drivers ---> Xen driver support ---> Backend driver support
15
16 is required to show them.
17
18 I have attached a working .config 3.2.12 for your convenience.
19
20 My company also maintains a (still unfinished and now slightly out of
21 date unfortunately, but it is on my list of things to update) document
22 related to using Xen with Gentoo here:
23
24 http://www.mad-hacking.net/documentation/linux/deployment/xen/index.xml
25
26 We also maintain ebuilds for the 4.0.2 branch of Xen in our overlay,
27 which can be installed with layman (hacking-gentoo).
28
29 Maybe this will be of some help, I hope so - if you have any problems
30 with Xen feel free to ask me.
31
32 If you have any issues with the docs/ebuilds please email me off list.
33
34 Max

.config text/x-mpsub