From: Matthew Marlowe <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: Open Source Exchange alternatives
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:42:32
1 I've used zimbra for a number of clients over a several year period in
2 the past and it is solid/reliable - however, my experience was with
3 the commercial package running on RHEL5. The experience might be
4 completely different for someone running the open-source feature set
5 under gentoo. Also, while zimbra does provide pretty much all the
6 features that one normally expects of an exchange type server and is
7 extremely supportive of outlook, it does go its own way. I'm not sure
8 that the features are that awesome, but it did somewhat also serve as
9 a google apps alternative for cross platform users that didn't want to
10 trust their email to the cloud.
11