From: x3n <x3n@××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Central Authentication
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:17:40
1 Hi,
2
3 If you have some security concerns you should use Kerberos. It's a
4 centralized authentifiaction completly secure. It's multiplateform.
5 The only bad point is that is not so easy to set-up, but it's sure that
6 this can do the job (safely !)
7
8 x3n`
9
10 Jeff Rooney a écrit :
13 > paul kölle wrote:
14 >> Jeff Rooney schrieb:
15 >>
16 >>> Hi everyone, had a quick question, I'm looking into adding some type of
17 >>> central authentication system to my network as maintaining passwords on
18 >>> 30 servers is a pain. :) I was looking at OpenLDAP but saw that the doc
19 >>> was no longer support, was wondering what everyone else out there is
20 >>> doing and if anyone had any pointers. Thanks in advance.
21 >>>
22 >> What do you mean by "the doc was no longer support"? Openldap is fine if
23 >> you know it's bad habits ;)
24 >>
25 >> cheers
26 >> Paul
27 >>
28 > I just ment that the gentoo doc has a big message at the top
29 > "*Disclaimer : * This document is not valid and is not maintained
30 > anymore." You mention some bad habits with openLDAP, can you expand a
31 > little? I'm just trying to figure out what the best solution is for me
32 > and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
33 > .
34 --
35 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list