From: David Miller <david3d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Fwd: [gentoo-server] LVM2 issues
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:29:50
1 Doh....gmail didn't send my reply to the list.
2
3 Hopefully this information will help someone else.
6 David Miller
7
8 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
9 From: David Miller <david3d@×××××.com>
10 Date: May 31, 2005 9:29 PM
11 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] LVM2 issues
12 To: strerror@g.o
15 Ben,
16 Thanks. I found an answer to this on redhat's lvm list. The
17 problem is a result of mixed up partitioning. In my case I had
18 created LVM partitions on the devices in the partition table and had
19 added the entire device to the volume group rather than the partition.
20 But this unused partition in the partition table is confusing the
21 newer version of the device-mapper or LVM2. According to this post
22 removing the partition tables from the devices should straighten this
23 problem up. https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2005-April/msg00019.html
24
25 Hopefully this post will help someone else who finds themself in the
26 same situation.
27
28 I'm in the process now of moving my PV's from one raid controller to
29 another so I plan to re-add them to the VG using the partition that I
30 created just to make things clearer as I add them to my VG again..
31
32 -David