From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] courier-imapd have to be restarted to much time
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:13:26
1 Hi,
2
3 I've installed postfix to work with my domain using vmail with courier
4 imap (I've followed gentoo guide) and it was working fine until today.
5 Now I have some users (including me) that can't get new messages
6 'cause the mail software (thunderbird) keep tring to connect to the
7 server and doesn't get any messages.
8 I did ssh at the server and saw that the new messages are at the user
9 .maildir. I also give a look at /var/log/messages and when I try to
10 get my mails, my connection trying is not registered at the logs. If I
11 try users try to send a mail, these mail are sent without a problem.
12 So I give a try to restart courier-imapd and I could get my messages
13 again but 30 minutes later the problem turn back but a little bit
14 differente, 'cause this time the users can't read the messages, but
15 all the users can see the list of messages, so I have to restart
16 courier-imapd again.
17 At the logs I get no warning or error messages. I'm freaking out with
18 this problem and I thinking if I could redirect the messages delivered
19 to my domain to a local network server (today the mail server is
20 hosted in a hosting company with my web and dns server).
23 Tks in any advice,
24
25 Claudinei Matos
28 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list