From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] courier-imapd with a proxy/backup server ?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:07:49
1 Yeah, I saw that the problem is ocurring 'cause all the users share
2 the same ip which one is the ip of the internet gateway.
3 Anyway, with the new limit of connections everybody can retrieve mail
4 but some users are annoying me about the speed to access the server.
5 What I want is that the messages that arrive at my MAIN (the one at
6 the hoster) server could be redirected to my proxy/backup server (the
7 one at my local network) or if it could be, that the proxy/backup
8 connect to the main server to catch all the accounts messages.
9 I know I culd just use my local server as my MAIN MX but the problem
10 is that this server is connected to internet by a adsl not confiable
11 and with dynamic ip link. So I was thinking if I could setup this
12 local server as my primary MX with his dyndns hostname and put the
13 "old main" server as the backup MX, just in the case adsl link get
14 down.
15 I've also got a quick look at
16 http://www.courier-mta.org/imap/?README.proxy.html and I saw that I
17 can setup a proxy server to my users, but I don't know if that could
18 be a solution too.
19
20 Any advices would be appreciated.
21