From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:40:11
1 Folks --
2
3 I'm curious what all you use for mailing list management. Right now, we're
4 using ezmlm-idx and, while being very powerful, it is decidedly unfriendly
5 and difficult to administer. It's also no longer being actively developed.
6
7 The program needs to support multiple languages, including multi-byte
8 character sets (asian languages). It also needs to scale relatively well
9 as we currently send out ~250,000 messages a day or so across ~50 lists.
10
11 Also, and this is key, it may not *depend* on any one particular mail
12 server. ezmlm-idx all but requires qmail. I'd like a solution that is MTA
13 independent.
14
15 Finally, for various legacy reasons, mailman will not work for us.
16
17 Thanks.
18
19 --kurt