From: "Longman
To: "'gentoo-server@l.g.o'" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] ftp-server
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:34:06
1 > I have a little problem with my home server. I cant connect to my ftp
2 > server from the outside. I usually use a anonymous vsftpd or proftpd
3 > server. Since my
4 > computer broke and i bought a new motherboard and cpu and newly
5 > installed gentoo system, i can't connect to my ftp server from the
6 > outside, only from my own lan.
7 >
8 > My httpd server works, my sshd server works perfectly. I have
9 > a d-link
10 > router and firestarter as a firewall, as before. When i scan
11 > my computer
12 > with namp the ftp-port is open, when i scan it from outside my lan, it
13 > claims the port is closed. When i connect from the outside i
14 > got only a
15 > connection refuse. Exit the firewall make no difference.
16 >
17 > I have looked around with google but with no luck. I have the rest of
18 > the computer configured as before, and all is working except the ftp.
19 >
20 > Can it be some kernel configuration? Do anyone have any suggestions?
21
22 Is the internal IP address now the same IP address as it was before?
23 --
24 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list