From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] sata raid 0
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:00:00
1 Hi Mauro,
2 The best place for information on this is probably the forums, but basically
3 you are out of luck.
4
5 2.4 kernels have very bad support for the silicon image chipset, and while
6 2.6 kernels have pretty good support for the chipset, but ZERO raid support.
7
8 Have a look here (http://forums.gentoo.org/search.php?mode=results) it is
9 just a search on the forums. You may find some information here.
10
11 Oh, I just saw this, which may be your solution..
12 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=111300&highlight=silicon+image+raid
13
14 Chris
17 -----Original Message-----
18 From: mauro stettler [mailto:mauro.stettler@×××.ch]
19 Sent: Friday, 2 January 2004 3:57 AM
20 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
21 Subject: [gentoo-server] sata raid 0
22
23 Hi
24
25 I want to install gentoo on my sata raid 0, but I don't know if there is a
26 device name, and if there is, what is its name? I thought it should be
27 /dev/ataraid/*, but there is no /dev/ataraid... he has a /dev/sda and sdb, I
28 think
29 they are my two sata disks.
30
31 but what can I do to get a /dev/* for my raid???
32
33 My Hardware:
34 Gigabyte GA8KNXP (Sil3112, Sata Raid controller)
35 2x Maxtor 6Y080M0 (SATA 8MB cache 80GB)
36 P4 2,6Ghz 800Mhz
37 2x512MB DDR400
41 Visit:
42 >>> http://mauro.homelinux.com <<<
49 +++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++
50 Neu: Preissenkung für MMS und FreeMMS! http://www.gmx.net