From: "Bauer
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Web hosting for 75k+ users
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:47:31
1 >
2 > Should I use qmail or postfix and why?
3
4 Well, for security reasons in that size u should use qmail. I don't have
5 much experience with it (usually I use exim) but I have read some
6 benchmarks where qmail works pretty well.
7
8 > What about antispam and antivirus? Any suggestions/experiences?
9
10 Antispam? You want spamassassin. Simple to use, easy to understand, even
11 easier to expand.
14 > What about storage? Dos anyone have any experience here? I want
15 southing
16 > that is linux/gentoo based and redundant.
17
18 Maybe u should think about NAS (usually they have some specific linux
19 derivates trimmed for speed and security) or SAN. But I don't know how
20 much data you want to store on your servers. Maybe a simple Storage via
21 Fibrechannel or a couple of harddisks with raid could be enough. Think
22 about it and choose yourself :)
26 Cheers
27
28 -fe