From: Matt Steven <matt@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Sound on a laptop
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:12:35
1 Looks like you are using alsa. It doesn't make a /dev/dsp by default...
2
3 I don't see snd-mixer-oss or snd-pcm-oss in your modules so it looks like you
4 don't have the "oss" keyword in your USE settings. You should add that,
5 re-emerge alsa-driver and I think you'll be in good shape for oss emulation
6 if that's what you prefer to use.
7
8 On the other subject, you're right this probably isn't the right forum for a
9 sound issue. See the website for a list of other more appropriate lists, or
10 forums.gentoo.org.
11
12 Good luck,
13 ~Matt