From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: "cannot I save this LOTS of money?" is about multi-domain web servers.
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:52:40
1 Philip Leonard wrote:
2
3 >On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:01:46 +0800 Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
7 >>Philip Leonard wrote:
11 >>>Just get a wildcard certificate for the domain.
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>Sorry? but I called entrust.com and they told me on the phone "one
17 >>certificate for one domain, no wildcard certificate".
18 >>
19 >>Do you know any issuer (that trusted by IE 5.5) could issue wildcard
20 >>certificate?
25 >freessl.com has wildcard certs and they claim a very high percentage of browsers will accept them.
28 Sorry I cannot find related information. This is what I got from the site:
29
30 "FreeSSL.com certificate range offers browser recognition rates from 99
31 percent suitable for both test/development, lite ecommerce and high
32 volume / high transaction value ecommerce."
33
34 This is really not clear, what is recognition? Does this mean 99 percent
35 of the browsers kept the site as trusted CA and will *not* pop up any
36 warning for first time visitors regarding the certificate? I am not an
37 experienced administrator, but I don't think it's possible.