From: Prabhat Gupta <prabhat@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@g.o, gentoo-security@g.o, Gentoo <gentoo-user@g.o>, gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Freeswan installation and setup
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:50:08
1 Hi All,
2
3 I am trying to install a VNP for last 3 night with no luck :)
4
5 I am using latest gentoo-sources (~x86). I enabled the IPSec in kernel
6 and emerged super-freeswan. I am getting alot of errors while starting
7 the ipsec. I noticed that the freeswan version in the gentoo-sources is
8 1.97. Also when I try to emerge freeswan or super-freeswan, it emerges
9 the ck-sources too, I don't know why?
10
11 I emerged freeswan-1.99 ebuild and the compilation went well but now
12 ipsec is giving error about pluto not running.
13
14 I am little confused now and want to start fresh.
15
16 Can someone help me about, which kernel to choose, how to patch the
17 kernel for IPsec, which version of freeswan or super-freeswan to emerge etc.
18
19 I will highly appreciate that, I am getting crazy :(
20
21 Best regards,
22 Prabhat