From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo Firewall & UPNP
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:02:55
1 Benjamen R. Meyer wrote:
2 > I'm trying to figure out a good solution for my desktop to work with my
3 > server for applications like kTorrent, where I need to be able to accept
4 > new connections so that I can fully-participate (instead of just leech
5 > off of) in Torrent traffic. UPNP seems to be a good answer to this, but
6
7 I use ktorrent all the time behind my NAT firewall without any
8 bittorrent-related ports forwarded, and I'm able to seed torrents without a problem.
11 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
12 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
13 --
14 gentoo-server@l.g.o mailing list