From: Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] udev or mdev?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:07:52
1 On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Daniel Reidy <dubkat@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > people actually need an initramfs?
3 >
4 > my kernel has only what it needs, and nothing it doesn't.
5
6 +1
7
8 Only time I used initramfs was on a desktop and that was while testing
9 a quirky lvm/raid setup that wouldn't boot without mdadm doing some
10 assembly *before* the main root filesystem became available. That was
11 never production quality though and all my servers run either off a HW
12 RAID card or boot from a SAN.
16 Drew
17
18 "Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood."
19 --Marie Curie
20
21 "This started out as a hobby and spun horribly out of control."
22 -Unknown