From: Jean Blignaut <jean@×××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server]new installer is less than great (better?)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:07:50
1 How do I use the "old way" from this new disk?
2 I thought that if I could only sort out the partitioning first (my disks
3 are already partitioned and use lvm and raid) I could continue the
4 process later but it seems that is not possible
5
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Andrew Gaffney [mailto:agaffney@g.o]
8 Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:53 PM
9 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
10 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] this new gnome installer sux
11
12 Jean Blignaut wrote:
13 > How am I supposed to set up a raid with the new gnome installer's
14 > partition tool?
15
16 First of all, don't be an ass (your subject line). Second, you don't. I
17 haven't
18 had the time to write the code to handle software raid and LVM. You're
19 welcome
20 to submit patches.
23 Andrew Gaffney
24 http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/