From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql 4.1 status
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:37:59
1 Ben Munat wrote:
2 > Thanks for these tips guys.
3 >
4 > So, do you think the safest route is to do a full sql dump of my 4.0
5 > dbs/tables, unmerge 4.0, emerge 4.1, and then load the dump file? That
6 > seems pretty scary to me, but the docs sound like that's the prefered
7 > route due to the character encoding changes.
8 >
9 > Which approach did you use Jason? Has anyone just unamsked 4.1,
10 > installed it over a full, active 4.0 setup, done revdep-rebuild and had
11 > it all go fine? What problems have people had?
12 >
13 > Also, anyone heard of any problems with 4.1 and PHP stuff like horde or
14 > pear?
15 >
16 > thanks,
17
18 If you love your data dump and reload in any switch between 4.0 - 4.1 -
19 5.0 . The only scenario where it's not needed is for tables that have no
20 textual fields inside.
21
22 Quite everithing nowadays work with mysql-4.1 .
23 You may want to compile net-libs/libwww without "mysql" use flag or go
24 to bug 85783
25 In case you are using MyODBC rename ebuild to the latest version and go
26 with it.
27
28 Here the following applications run in a production environment with
29 mysql-4.1:
30
31 Horde + Imp
32 Postfix