From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] glsa-check and unused packages
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:37:00
1 Owen Ford wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 11:49 -0700, Ben Munat wrote:
3 >
4 >>First, glsa-check claims that I'm vulnerable to 200412-02 and 200505-01. The first is
5 >>pdflib and the second is various horde packages. However, I have the current versions of
6 >>these installed -- the versions that the glsa says I need to solve the vulnerability. So,
7 >>why would glsa-check say I'm vulnerable when I'm not?
10 > There are probably versions of those packages slotted. I use emerge -Cp
11 > package to see which are installed.
14 Very good... exactly the problem. Thanks.
15
16 As for dealing with all my orphaned packages, I'm figuring on going through the output of
17 "emerge --depclean" and unmerging everything that comes up with no dependencies under
18 "equery depends" and is something that I don't think I'll use. Does that sound reasonable?
19
20 Oh, and I'm assuming that "equery depends" just checks for installed packages that depend
21 on the given package... anyone know any way to check a package's dependency against the
22 entire portage tree?
23
24 b
25 --