From: "Ken (antifa)" <antifa@g.o>
To: gentoo-sysadmin@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: [gentoo-sysadmin] How to admin a multiple Gentoo Installation...
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:30:31
2 Hash: SHA1
6 Hey Kurt,
7
8 Matt Tesauro offered us free 100MB hosting (hardware included!) for the
9 project. I'm forwarding the message again below. That's what I was
10 referencing. Doesn't matter to me either way. Since we need to get the site
11 together before any official announcement and the current wiki is on a 128k
12 isdn, thought I would ask what we were going to do about it.
17 >Sorry -- I think I missed something here. Who's hosting what for whom?
18 >Is this an unofficial project or am I completely out of the loop? (or both
19 >:)
20
21 >--kurt
22 - ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
23
24 Subject: [gentoo-sysadmin] Offer of Assistance and thoughts on previous
25 threads
26 Date: Wednesday 23 July 2003 07:36
27 From: Matt Tesauro <mtesauro@×××××××××.edu>
28 To: gentoo-sysadmin@g.o
29
30 First, I was glad to hear about the Gentoo Server project. I had something
31 simular on my mind but I've been traveling too much this summer to really get
32 serious about it.
33
34 Second, reading this:
35 >This site is hosted on a 128/128K (sometimes 64/64K) ISDN link in the
36 >bandwidth-deprived Brisbane, Australia.
37
38 I was inspired to offer some assistance. Texas A&M has a OC 48+ connection
39 to the Internet and our entire building is switched 100 MB ethernet. I'm
40 glad to offer to host the forums and wiki on a server here. I should be
41 able to get either a Dell 1650 or maybe even a 2650 but there is a catch -
42 I'm under a spending freeze until September 1 (when our fiscal year starts).
43 So if your game, let me know and we can arrange to migrate the Wiki, forum
44 and whatever over here the first week in September. (I'm also going to poke
45 around and see if I can "re-purpose" an existing server to beat that Sept 1
46 deadline.) Use the list of contact me directly if you want to further
47 discuss this.
51 - --
52 Matt Tesauro
53 Systems Analyst and Web Applications Developer
54 Office of the Dean
55 Mays Business School, Texas A&M University
56 979.862.3949
57 mtesauro@×××××××××.edu
58 - --
59 No sense in being pessimistic,
60 It wouldn't work anyway...
63 - --
64 gentoo-sysadmin@g.o mailing list
65
67
68 - --
69 Ken
70 antifa@g.o
71 //IRC - antifa
73 GPG public key: http://kickasskungfu.com/antifa.pubkey.asc
74 pgp fingerprint 2D6D 67D1 1600 04E0 4AF7 BA7E 26A5 4189 9228 1585