From: jos houtman <jos@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] OT: Secuere File Exchange
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:36:09
1 i would go for https, easy to setup.. possibility to make a nice
2 website.. keep customer downloads seperate through logins. etc.. very
3 flexible
4
5 jos
6
7 Rene Zbinden wrote:
8
9 >My company wants to exchange files with customers. The customers usually
10 >use Windows clients. What would be an easy and secure way to do so. I
11 >thought about the following:
12 >1. FTP with SSL encryption
13 >Disadvantage, the standard FTP client on windows and Internet Explorer
14 >does not work with SSL. Customers needed to install an extra FTP Client
15 >
16 >2. sFTP
17 >Same disadvantage, the customer needed to install WINSCP
18 >
19 >Other Ideas?
24 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list