From: "Jesse
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Re: webapp-config
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:27:43
1 Hmmmm...not very constructive criticism, but I tend to agree. To me,
2 webapp-config makes an easy process of installing and LAPP
3 (MySQL->PostgreSQL) programs like SquirrelMail unbearably difficult. I
4 was hoping that it would help with multiple domains on the same server,
5 but again it was easier for me to do without it. Of course, not being
6 very good (yet!) with email setup, I decided not to take the Postfix
7 plunge into multiple domains... :) I agree with the original poster
8 that a more comprehensive set of examples would probably help.
9
10 Then again, I despise the new-fangled fascination with "/var" these
11 days. I still haven't seen a compelling argument why *data* needs to
12 live there, but that's just me.
13
14 Rich
15
16 Disclaimer: Sorry for jumping in late on this thread. I was one of the
17 fortunate air travelers last Thursday. :)
18
19 -----Original Message-----
20 From: Eric Brown [mailto:airuike@×××××.com]
21 Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:35 PM
22 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
23 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: webapp-config
24
25 There aren't any, that's why webapp-config sucks.