From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Mirroring/backing-up a large 15Million (6TB) file collection
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:46:19
1 jos houtman wrote:
2
3 > I got to backup a huge changing/growing collection of files (~15
4 > million/~6TB) and the existing rsync solution just doenst cut it any more.
5 > Below I will explain the situation, what the problem is and my current
6 > train of thought. Where you people can help is providing me with a sound
7 > bord, and hopefully some out-of-the-box thinking :D.
8
9 Certainly every file is not linked directly in a web page?
10
11 Why not keep links in a database that point to the correct location on disk
12 for the images themselves? Then all you need to do is query the database
13 for a timestamp field that has changed and you know what you need to back
14 up, and at any time you can move the underlying files around and update the
15 links in the database...
18 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list