From: "paul kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Trouble mounting Windows Share using cifs
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:44:16
1 Richard Broersma Jr schrieb:
2 >> I sometimes get a bit of hastle from linux when I specify the password on
3 >> the command line as well, maybe try leaving it out of the command line
4 >> and putting in at the prompt (sounds odd I know, anyone know why this
5 >> happens to me?).
6 >
7 > This is the error message that I get when I do not specify a password.
8 >
9 > ~ # mount -t cifs //192.168.1.101/temp /mnt/arieltmp/ -o user=transfer
10 > Password:
11 > mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system
12 > Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
13 Try using mount.cifs directly, if your kernel lacks cifs support dmesg
14 or your logfiles should help.
15
16 cheers
17 Paul