From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] creating a black hole for load testing mail servers
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:56:24
1 On Wednesday 03 August 2005 19:54, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > At work, we are load testing a number of different mail servers. I need to
3 > send large amounts of mail through the boxes as part of this. To get rid
4 > of the mail, I'd like to have a Gentoo box running exim or another MTA on
5 > the end of the chain that does two very simple things:
6 >
7 > * Accepts any and all mail that is sent to it, regardless of domain,
8 > recipient, etc.
9 > * Delivers all mail to /dev/null
10 You might want to try out smtp-sink distributed with Postfix. AFAIR you'll
11 have to plug it into the ebuild to have it compiled though.
14 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
15 Gentoo Linux Security Team