From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] FISH - FTP over SSH?
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 20:37:47
1 On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Lord Sauron wrote:
2
3 > So I want to keep things secure (I've been working on that - I've been
4 > taking the advice of the people at the Silicon Valley Linux User's
5 > Group) and decided that this fish protocol (which I've been told is
6 > FTP tunneled through SSH) is a good thing, and since I've already got
7 > SSH working I decided it's be worth a shot.
8
9 Much better off using sftp - there are SFTP clients for most platforms
10 available. (CyberDuck is very nice if you use a Mac ;-)
11
12 > Just so we can save some time, I've already rejected vsftpd since it's
13 > too anonymous-login oriented to make me feel safe using it.
14
15 Disabling anonymous logins on vsftpd is trivial.
19 A
20 --
21 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list