From: Miguel Filipe <miguel.filipe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: PDC Samba + LDAP
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:27:52
1 On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:44:20 -0300, Passoka <passoka@×××××××.br> wrote:
2 > I use phpldapadmin here, but this is not the problem.
3 >
4 > I will explain the scene:
5 >
6 > 1. I create the user on the LDAP tree (with phpldapadmin our without)
7 >
8 > 2. I can logon on the unix machine with the user I had created
9 >
10 > 3. I cant logon on the samba with the LDAP user unless i enter the command: smbpasswd -a $user
11
12 You should use samba3 with ldap autentication... and that won't be necessary....
15 > 4. After that i can manage the user on the LDAP tree (Change attributes or password), but every time i create a user i need to enter the command above.
16 >
17 > My question is: there is a way to create the user only on the ldap tree, without enter a command or change something on the samba machine??
18 >
19 > Thanks for help.
20 > (sorry for my poor english).