From: Pingveno <pingveno@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-server] mod_php 5 mask
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:58:17
1 I'm trying to build a test server for a web application that
2 specificially needs the features of PHP 5. I couldn't help but notice
3 mod_php is *hard masked*. Hard masking can be gotten around easily, but
4 I'm scratching my head over this reason:
5
6 # Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o> (12th march 2005)
7 # automatically activates ZTS mode when any threaded MPMs are installed,
8 # even if mpm_prefork is the default
9 =dev-php/mod_php-5*
12 What does this mean? I've seen mod_php 5 working on a production server,
13 so apparently it can be done. Is it safe to unmask? Are there plans to
14 take the hard mask off in the near future?
15
16 Pingveno
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list