From: "José González Gómez" <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Central Authentication
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:35:10
1 2006/9/14, Nicolas MASSÉ <nicolas27.masse@×××××××.net>:
2 >
3 > On Thursday 14 September 2006 10:36, José González Gómez wrote:
4 > > 2006/9/13, Jeff Rooney <jtrooney@×××××××××.com>:
5 > > > Hi everyone, had a quick question, I'm looking into adding some type
6 > of
7 > > > central authentication system to my network as maintaining passwords
8 > on
9 > > > 30 servers is a pain. :) I was looking at OpenLDAP but saw that the
10 > doc
11 > > > was no longer support, was wondering what everyone else out there is
12 > > > doing and if anyone had any pointers. Thanks in advance.
13 > >
14 > > I made a howto some time ago:
15 > >
16 > > http://www.openinput.com/auth-howto/
17 > >
18 > > A bit outdated, but I think still valid... please, if you use it tell me
19 > > about. I have some comments from other readers to improve it, I hope I
20 > have
21 > > some time to do it in the near future.
22 >
23 > When I tried to setup a central authentication using LDAP, I searched for
24 > documentation but I never found yours. How unlucky I were ! It is really a
25 > great piece of documentation !
26 >
27 > Thanks for this help !
30 Glad to help :o)
31
32 I'll try to make it a bit more visible.
33
34 Best regards
35 Jose