From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] It's amazing what switching the IO scheduler can do.
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:19:31
1 On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, David Miller wrote:
2
3 > My solution:
4 > The solution seems to be CFQ IO scheduling. I had previously used
5 > Deadline and the Anticipatory scheduler but neither of these solved
6 > the problem. CFQ seems to keep everything happy even under a mixed
7 > I/O load of multiple writes (35mb/s or so) and multiple I/O reads
8 > (70mb/s or so). The server load is still high in the 12 to 14 range
9 > but the server and it's services seem to be much more stable.
10
11 I had a (dumb?) question: if you enable all the schedulers in a 2.6
12 kernel, which one is picked as the default?
18 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list