From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ftp server recommendations
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:17:15
1 On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Ian P. Christian wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 18 August 2005 14:35, A. Khattri wrote:
4 > > Not sure what you mean, but Im using proftpd, authenticating out of a
5 > > MySQL database and I have it set to jail users in their home dirs (they
6 > > can't move up, only down).
7 >
8 > Yes, but if you have symlinked something like
9 > ~user/sites/<site> to /var/www/<site> then they can't access it.
10 > In pureftpd, whist they won't be able to access ~user/.. , they can follow the
11 > symlink out. Proftpd cannot do this.
12
13 All the sites on my web server are under /home so I dont need any
14 symlinks.
20 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list