From: "Witschel
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: AW: AW: [gentoo-server] boot from san with multipath support
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:04:00
1 I know that the QLogic HBAs have built-in Multipathing support with enabled drivers (these should be availible from IBM or QLogic). This would prevent you from configuring Multipathing on OS level, thus making everything a bit easier. This I would recommend.
2
3 Im using QLogic HBAs with HP BL and DL Servers and they work fine under linux.
4 With IBM HBAs I have no experience. They might work as well or even better.
5
6 Matthias Witschel
7
8 Infraserv GmbH & Co. Höchst KG
9 Geschäftsfeld IT-Services
10 Geb. C584, Raum U10e
11 Industriepark Höchst
12 65926 Frankfurt am Main
13 Tel. 069 305 84235
14 Fax 069 305 98 84235
15 mailto:matthias.witschel@×××××××××.com
16
17 www.infraserv.com ++ www.industriepark-hoechst.com ++ www.ihr-nachbar.de
18 > Auf diesen Messen finden Sie uns: www.infraserv.com/messetermine <http://www.infraserv.com/messetermine>
22 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
23 Von: Rene Zbinden [mailto:rene.zbinden@××××××.ch]
24 Gesendet: Montag, 19. September 2005 08:02
25 An: gentoo-server@l.g.o
26 Betreff: Re: AW: [gentoo-server] boot from san with multipath support
29 It will be an IBM x346, but we are not sure about the HBAs. We can
30 choose between IBM Total Storage DS4000 or with Qlogig HBAs. Any
31 Suggestions?
32
33 Witschel, Matthias, Infraserv-Hoechst/DE wrote:
34 > Up to now I have installed gentoo an SAN attached disks. I hvae for now experience with SLES9 and SAN. I'm running a bunch of HP Blades which use SAN storage. HP provides a devicedriver for these boxes, that enables multipathing within the driver.
35 > I plan to use this driver to enable SAN access for at least one gentoo box in the near future. Since HP ships the driver as sourcecode, there should be no problems.
36 >
37 > What setup do you plan? What hardware do you plan to use?
38 >
39 > Matthias Witschel
40 >
41 > Infraserv GmbH & Co. Höchst KG
42 > Geschäftsfeld IT-Services
43 > Computing Services
44 > Geb. C584, Raum U10e
45 > Industriepark Höchst
46 > 65926 Frankfurt am Main
47 > mailto:matthias.witschel@×××××××××.com
48 >
49 > www.infraserv.com ++ www.industriepark-hoechst.com ++ www.ihr-nachbar.de
50 >
51 >>Auf diesen Messen finden Sie uns: www.infraserv.com/messetermine <http://www.infraserv.com/messetermine>
55 > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
56 > Von: Rene Zbinden [mailto:rene.zbinden@××××××.ch]
57 > Gesendet: Freitag, 16. September 2005 23:42
58 > An: gentoo-server@l.g.o
59 > Betreff: [gentoo-server] boot from san with multipath support
62 > hello
63 >
64 > has someone experience with installing gentoo on a san attached disk
65 > with mulitpath support? if someone can give me some hints, I would
66 > appreciate that.
67 >
68 > thanks in advance
69 > rene