From: "Wilkins
To: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] livecd
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:23:30
1 I tried those same instructions for a month and went through a ton of cd's...still never got it to work. The furthest I got was the linuxrc script hanging, and I never could get it to go to a command shell. If you found anything in those instructions that you had to work around, I would definitely appreciate any additional information!
2
3 Vern
7 -----Original Message-----
8 From: Joey McCoy [mailto:ixion@××××××.com]
9 Sent: Fri 3/18/2005 9:09 AM
10 To: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
11 Cc: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] livecd
13 Here is a great walk-through for creating a very custom LiveCD. There are
14 a couple hacks I had to do to get it working. Let me know if you have any
15 trouble.
16
17 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=244837
20 > i need to create a very custom livecd for a firewall/router with some
21 > management tool. on the internet I only found "home" tools and howto.
22 >
23 > any suggestions?
24 >
25 > thanks